Sunday, January 16, 2011

And We're Done!

First I have to apologize for my previous post, I did not make it clear that I, Donald the third, would not be running the half marathon.  Rather mom and Mary and a last minute addition of Bob were the crazy people who chose to run 13 miles with no one chasing them.  So I appreciate everyone who voiced there support for me and now I suppose next year I will have to join in.  I have to say I am very proud of my family, as crazy as they may be, and dad I look forward to running with you next year (I guess).  Below are some pictures and a post from my baby sister.



The PF Changs Rock N' Roll Half Marathon is officially over and we can all three feel it in our bodies!! Bobby decided on Friday afternoon to do the run so mom, Bobby and I did the run today and crossed the finish line with Big Don and Tess waiting for us with a big smile! It was a tough day but the purple bracelets got us thru. We are all three struggling to walk right now though. Some pictures from our fun-filled Sunday morning are below. Thanks for all of the support and good wishes! Keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming - scan and blood work tomorrow. We are back on the DULLESTRONG bandwagon, Go Big Don!





3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kay, Mary and Bobby. I know how physically and mentally challenging a half marathon can be on the body. All three of you should be very proud of yourselves. Great Job.
    Thank you for the pictures.

    Love,

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Aunt Kay, Mary and Bobby!! You give me inspiration for my half this coming weekend!!! Keep fighting on Uncle Don!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your postings. I'm also going through cancer treatment and it's nice to be able to track Big Don's progress. Keep up the great work and Go Cubs!

    Clancy King

    ReplyDelete