Friday, September 10, 2010

Stand Up 2 Cancer-and KICK ITS BUTT!!

Cancer is a terrible, sad disease but it is always something that happens to someone else, that is until August 2nd for the Dulle family.  It became real and the fight started.  I remember seeing shows on TV or fundraising drives and thinking how nice it is that we continue to research and raise money, but what have we found?

Well Big Don is seeing first hand how important fund raising dollars are and continue to be; as the research and the fight against cancer is ongoing in our family and in many others.  We do not know how this story will play out with Big Don, but I know we have hope and that is what keeps us getting up each day.  That is what keeps Big Don's spirits up as he loses his hair, and that is how we know he will be one of the success stories. The hope is there due to the research and efforts of fund raising and telethons.  So I will be watching tonight and Ill cry when Neil Diamond sings his song, but I can tell you that they are making a difference and next year when it comes on again I'll be toasting Big Don #12,000,001 of the cancer survivors.  So now I know cancer is real but I also know its got a real fight on its hands with Big Don.  Stand up 2 cancer and KICK ITS BUTT.

The show is on at 8ET on all the networks so switch over from the Cards game a little and check it out.
http://su2c.standup2cancer.org

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry Donnie - Gerry cries at Neil Diamond regardless of the situation. Hang in there guys! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cousin gina sends a great big hug all the way from missouri! thinking of you cousin everyday and sending a prayer every day. God called and said enough already! i got big don covered!! i think you look terrific, handsome and about 21 years old! now you are more handsome than cousin johnny!! i love you....
    from your favorite missouri cousin

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the pictures from last weekend it looks like everyone had a good time and Donnie you look great. I will be thinking about you during the telecast and as always, you are in my heart.

    Love,
    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep dreaming of a future, a future with a long and healthy life, a life not lived in the shadow of cancer, but in the light ......and we will keep praying that your dream comes true ...stay stong and take care . Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don, it was SO good to see you and your family Sat. night!! I know I looked cranky when you said my name because 10 people were yelling at me...but I know you're used to that with me...anyway, I thank you for coming in.
    I think you look really good and really strong...please keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete